Types of bullying in a game:
- Harassment at times a bully will send harassing messages, these can be hurtful and harmful to your child.
- Ganging up, at times, you may encounter a group of bullies that threaten your child in the game. Their in-game chat can be harassing and harmful to your child.
- Password theft; some bullies tend to spend their time hacking their targets account trying to figure out their password.
How to help and protect your child online:
- First and foremost teach your children to report any negative chat or actions from another player!
- Explain to your child why cyberbullying dangerous?
- Bullying creates memories that last a lifetime.
- Explain to your child that their password is secret and should not be shared with anyone online.
- As parents you should stay in the loop; you should know what game your child is playing.
- Talk to your kids about online chats if they are available in their game. Ask them to think about what their message says before they send it.